FastComet was established in 2013 and is headquartered in San Francisco . They need quite 50,000 active clients worldwide, 20,000+ cloud nodes and a team of 70 employees.
That diverse customer base is supported by their ten server locations in major cities like Chicago, London, Amsterdam, Singapore, Mumbai, and Tokyo.
(The closer the server to people trying to succeed in it, the better-expected is that the performance – therefore the theory goes.)
FastComet is additionally one among the few private companies within the hosting business. Being private means there are only a couple of dozen people within the organization, whose actual names and faces appear on their site. (They’ll get into why that matters during a second.)
So how did they fare? Can alittle , scrappy upstart attempt to support a worldwide customer base continue with billion-dollar hosting brands?
They signed up for an account to seek out out. They purchased the most cost effective plan in November 2017 and found out a test WordPress site and been tracking uptime figures and site speed in Pingdom.
Let’s get into our early findings by starting with what FastComet does well.
FastComet achieves excellence within the three most vital aspects of providing a high-quality web hosting experience – speed, security and customer service. Service that exceeds your expectations and features you’re close to fall crazy with!
- Solid server uptime results
- Server speed test results meet expectation (TTFB < 700ms)
- Choices of ten server locations
- 45-day money back guarantee
- Free one year renewal on domain name upon transfer
- Free site migration for first time users
- Easy to use dashboard; shared plans support NGINX, HTTP/2, PHP7 ready
- In-house site builder with 40+ ready-made widget and 350+ modern designed themes
- Excellent reputation – tons of positive feedback from users on social media
I don’t have any huge deal-breakers to complain about when it involves FastComet, but there are a couple of cons which will lead you to choose a special host instead.
- No traditional knowledgebase – While tutorials are great for learning generally , they don’t usually provide instant help if you’ve got a selected problem.
- No uptime guarantee – While I don’t think you ought to expect to run into significant issues if uptime is crucial for you, there are other hosts that provide on the brink of 100% uptime guarantees.
- Setup fee if paying monthly – If you select a monthly billing cycle, there’s a $19.95 setup fee, even on cheap shared plans.
FastComet Hosting Plans
FastComet offers 3 main sorts of hosting: shared, cloud VPS, and dedicated.
FastComet Shared Hosting
FastComet’s shared hosting is provided from a choice of datacenters and is marketed in less technical language which will appeal to new hosting users.
It offers a basic plan for one website or more advanced plans for multiple sites and domains.
The three shared hosting plans are StartSmart, ScaleRight, and SpeedUp.
All plans enjoy unlimited bandwidth and SSD storage, and every one servers run CloudLinux with FFmpeg support. Free SSL certificates also are provided through Let’s Encrypt.
Shared Hosting Features
There are a couple of features that make FastComet’s shared hosting stand out from almost the other host:
- Free Domain for Life
- Guaranteed Resources
- Renewal Price Same as Registration
- Free Cloudflare CDN
- Choice of the Datacenter
- SSD Disk Space
- Open-Source Hosting
- FastComet Site Builder
It is rare to seek out even one among these features offered on shared hosting, including all of them.
Cloud VPS Hosting Features
FastComet offers four cloud VPS hosting plans. The allocation of RAM, SSD Space, and therefore the number of CPUs, increases because the plans get costlier .
You get all the positive aspects of a shared plan, but there also are a couple of features you get access to with a cloud VPS plan:
- Completely managed – FastComet handles server maintenance, security, and performance.
- Scalable – you’ll upgrade or downgrade to a special cloud VPS plan at any time if you would like more or fewer resources.
- Root access – Not many other managed hosting services provide complete control over your virtual server.
FastComet features a competitive edge here. Your VPS is prepared minutes after ordering. It takes other hosts hours or maybe days to urge a server
For even better performance, you’ll choose a fanatical hosting plan. These are the foremost expensive and highest performance on FastComet.
The feature set is extremely almost like the cloud VPS plans, just with more resources available. Dedicated servers are provided on a totally managed basis, with cPanel available on all plans, plus hybrid HDD and SSD storage.
Free Installation and Protection
Applications and modules are installed freed from charge by the FastComet tech team on all hosting plans; applications also can be upgraded at no cost.
All servers are provisioned with a free web and CSF firewall that helps to mitigate the risks related to DDoS attacks and other malicious hacking attempts.
FastComet Speed Test
Despite a slow initial start, the test site performed well overall from various locations. I noticed the primary round test showed a slower response, but following that, the location was quite stable and persistently fair in its time-to-first-byte (TTFB). TTFB here is rated as top notch, grade A.
Customer Support and Service
FastComet provides fully managed hosting with 24/7 support, which is usually free with any plan. Historically, FastComet support claims to possess resolved quite 93% of inquiries within 10 minutes.
Users generally log in to their instrument panel to make a ticket, but support is additionally available via live chat and email.
They tested FastComet’s live chat and therefore the customer service rep responded quickly with an in depth answer.
You can contact the sales team toll-free if you’re within the U.S, but won’t be ready to get technical support via phone.
FastComet Support Features
FastComet calls their support “premium support” because they typically go above and beyond what other low-cost hosts offer. This includes:
- 24/7 monitoring – They use a proactive monitoring approach to detect problems and solve them before they even become issues to you and your visitors.
- Added security – All plans accompany a free firewall that’s specifically configured to any CMS that you’re using to stop common exploits.
- Full support for all hosting aspects – albeit they only provide the servers, FastComet’s support team will attempt to assist you fix any issues with open source software or other services like email.
About Money-Back Guarantee
When it involves a refund guarantee, FastComet stands out together of the few that provide a extended test period , almost like hosting companies like InMotion Hosting and Hostgator.
Their test period for the cash back guarantee is at 45-days, which is considerably above the typical 30-days test period that the majority hosting companies offer.
You get a 45-day a refund guarantee on shared hosting plans with no cancellation fees involved.
Not to brag, but the extreme performance tests that we run here at Website Planet are probably the foremost in-depth tests done today. I’m getting to placed on my geek helmet and explain exactly what I tested, how I did it, and what were the results, but let me sum it up for you real quick if you’re during a hurry.
Average loading times on the brink of the info center, which in my case was within the US, were good-to-medium – 1.85s. Not the simplest I’ve seen; not the worst. Global loading times farther away are significantly slower, even with a CDN active. Uptime tracked over a period of two months is 99.882%, but the guaranteed 99.9%.
That all goes to point out that FastComet isn’t a monster-performer. neither is it a nasty one. as long as it’s basically the sole budget host with locations in India, Oceania, and East Asia, I’d say it’s still your best bet for these locations. For the US and Europe, you’d probably be more happy with Hostinger or InterServer.
Feel free to travel over the complete results and test methodology, or jump straight to the support section and listen to all about how I talked with agents and was generally happy.
I hosted my test website on FastComet’s Dallas, TX data center. It’s a landing page, complete with HD images, text, a contact form, and a few animations, considerably like what your website might appear as if . you’ll visit it at the subsequent URL and rerun any of those tests yourself – please share any interesting results that you simply find!